Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time to Dwell

Well, I guess I need to update from the last time I wrote on here, which was ages ago. I am currently 21 years old, live in an apartment with one of my best friends, have a part-time off campus job, am an aunt of two beautiful twin boys, am a junior in college, and growing everyday in my walk with the Lord. This summer brought a lot of change to my life. I think I have finally realized the importance of responsibility and the Lord definitely placed a lot of that in my lap. Having a part-time job sounds easy enough, but there are those days when I just feel like being lazy and not wanting to go into work, even though I know I was will be rewarded with money in the end. Speaking of money, this morning, I was asked to go and have a free facial with a couple of friends. I accepted just like any wise girl that would enjoy a time of relaxation. Quickly we realized that this "free facial" was not as exciting as it sounded. Firstly, there were people doing our facials, we were..... hmmmm I do that every morning thankyouverymuch. Haha. Secondly, the women who were leading us in this facial experience were trying to badly to make us want their job. In the fact that for 20 mins she talked about all the benefits of working there, but mainly the money they got, the cars they received, the free gifts, trips, and makeup that they enjoyed all year round. This definitely can sound appealing.... but I didn't find it appealing at all. First, I am going to become a RD... which means... I am not going to make much money and I know that, and I am okay with that. The Lord will provide and I can tell you, I don't need money falling out of my pockets to be in the Lord's will. If anything, I think a lot of the times I am called to not have much money because I want to go overseas, get rid of all my earthly items and go share the gospel with people all the time. I want to become that RD so I not only can physical heal those suffering people from the malnutrition they face daily, but most importantly heal them spiritually through sharing the gospel with them. I am waiting/praying for the day when the Lord shows me that it is time for me to go start missions outside the US. I believe that I can also be called to another US city to share the gospel, that why I continue to pray because I am not sure if its God's will, or my sinful flesh and own will that desires to leave the US. It's definitely easier for me to just leave the US and sale everything and just start all over.

Well I think I got off track, but I was just trying to empathize the changes in my life this year. Now, its a new school year, which means new classes, new schedule, new events, and most importantly... NEW FRIENDS! The Lord is so gracious in blessing me with wonderful Godly friends. I am blessed by what they teach me and help me personally grow. I am so thankful for each and every one of them. One of the coolest parts for me this year is my friends that do not know the Lord. I have always had friends that are believers but my recent prayer has been to have friends that don't know the Lord, and hopefully being able to share Christ with them. That will always continue to be my prayer.

This blog is nice to go to when I need something to write down and just "type it out" (rather than talk it out) haha.